- What's updating
- Reason for update
- How this fulfillment API is different from the existing API
- Impacted users
- Prepare for update
- Understand the process of update
Celigo is updating the NetSuite fulfillment to Shopify fulfillment (add) flow in the Shopify - NetSuite integration app to utilize the new Shopify Fulfillment Order API. The existing flow must be updated to look up open Shopify fulfillment orders and update them to create the corresponding fulfillments.
Flow before the update
Flow after the update
Reason for update
Shopify removed support for the fulfillment API we currently use to create fulfillments as part of the 2022-07 version. The last API version that supported the fulfillment API is 2022-04. Shopify will deprecate API version 2022-04 on June 30th, 2023, so all the merchants must migrate to the newer API version. You can find more information about this at https://shopify.dev/apps/fulfillment/migrate.
How this fulfillment API is different from the existing API
In the existing process, we can create a new fulfillment directly from the Shopify order by supplying the order id, and a list of line items and quantities. With the new process, Shopify automatically creates the fulfillment orders against the order that are fulfilled instead of the order directly. These fulfillment orders break down how Shopify expects the order to be fulfilled which may not match the actual shipments coming from the ERP. To know more about the existing process, see Sync shipping and fulfillment info NetSuite to Shopify.
Customers who are using the flow that imports fulfillments into Shopify.
Prepare for update
To ensure minimal disruption to your integrations, ensure that you save and authorize your Shopify connection before March 7, 2023:
- Sign in to your Celigo Account.
- Click the Shopify - NetSuite integration app tile.
- Open the Shopify connection and click ‘Save and authorize’ to re-authorize your Shopify connection.
To find information about the scopes, see Update Shopify scopes to support fulfillment orders.
Copy flow mappings
If you have already made some customizations to the existing mappings, we recommend you take a copy of the existing mappings. You can capture screenshots of the existing mappings or get the mappings via the postman.
Be informed that only an account owner or administrator can create and view an API token.
- To get started with the standard REST API, see Getting started with standard REST API.
- To find information about how to get the mappings via postman, see Import API endpoints.
Customer notification mapping
Check if the
fulfillment.notify_customer field mapping is added to the mappings. If you want to use the Shopify feature to send automatic emails to the customer informing them about the status of the order, add the
fulfillment.notify_customer field mapping and set the value to true. This means, whenever you fulfill an item in NetSuite and export the details in Shopify, the integration app invokes the feature from Shopify and sends automatic emails to the customer. For more information, see Sync shipping and fulfillment info NetSuite to Shopify.
Understand the process of update
Celigo is doing this update in two steps.
- Step 1: Update the Shopify connections to include the additional permissions that are needed for the fulfillment order API. This update happened in the 2023-1-0 update that happened in January 2023. This update requires that customers save and authorize their Shopify connection to get the new permissions. This was done prior to the fulfillment order migration to allow users to have time to make the update without impacting the integration update that happens in step 2.
- Step 2: Planned for March 2023. This will update the Shopify fulfillment import to use the new API and consists of the following changes:
- Add a Shopify fulfillment order lookup
- This consists of getting a list of open fulfillment orders from Shopify for the Shopify order id on the fulfillment
- Add a step to update the fulfillment order location
- A script will match the shipment data against the fulfillment orders depending on the Shopify id at the line level of the shipment.
- If any locations of the fulfillment orders don’t match the location on the fulfillment, an update call will be made to Shopify to change the location of the fulfillment order.
- Replace the Shopify fulfillment import
- The new import calls the updated fulfillment API which creates the fulfillment against one or more fulfillment orders.
- A script will match the shipment data against the fulfillment orders depending on the Shopify id at the line level of the shipment. The script will provide an updated list of fulfillment orders and lines that must be fulfilled.
- Add a Shopify fulfillment order lookup
Update Method 1
IMPORTANT: We used the update Method 1 to update all our customer accounts until March 17th, 2023. Once this update is pushed, you are on the 1.46.2 version and will not be considered for Update Method 2.
Mappings are updated to use the list of fulfillment orders and lines to be fulfilled based on the matching process in the script. If there are any custom mappings in the existing flow, copy the mappings as explained in the section Copy flow mappings.
Update Method 2
In this method, we are retaining the existing custom mappings in the updated flow and will handle the transformation to meet new API requirements within the script.
IMPORTANT: The update Method 2 is used to update the customer accounts from March 24th, 2023. This method is not applicable to customer accounts whose version is already 1.46.2.
For more information on the integration app version and updates, see FAQs.
Q1: Why am I getting the following error while preparing for fulfillment migration?