Shopify has a product.status field that allows you to mark the status of the product as Draft or Active or Archived. NetSuite does not have a standard status field corresponding to updating the Shopify product.status field. You must instead create a custom field (status) in NetSuite and map it to the product.status field in Shopify.
The newly created field must be added to the NetSuite item to Shopify product (add or update) flow or NetSuite matrix item to Shopify product (add or update) flow, to update the status of the items coming from Netsuite; otherwise, all items synced with Shopify are marked Active, and you would have to adjust each status in the app.
In NetSuite, create a status field with the same value names as Shopify and map them accordingly to meet your business requirements.
Create a status field in NetSuite
To create a status (custom) field:
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Item Fields, and click New. The Custom Item Field page is displayed with the options shown below.
- In the Label field, enter a meaningful name.
- In the ID field, enter a unique alphanumeric ID for the field (optional).
- Select the owner of the custom field.
- Provide a reminder for yourself in the Description field.
- In the Type field, select List/Record.
- Select the list or record in the List/Record field that contains the items you’ll be integrating. In this case, a list/record field with the name Status is created, and this field includes the statuses active, draft and archived. For more information, see Creating a Custom List.
Note: Make sure that the status field values in NetSuite are lowercase.
- In the Applies To section, select the record type(s) where this field will appear.
- Click Save. A custom field is created.
For additional fields, see Creating a custom field in NetSuite.
Once the custom field is available on the item and the values are set, edit the NetSuite saved search to include the status field. For more information, see Editing or Deleting a Saved Search.
Map status in Netsuite to product.status in Shopify
To map your new custom status field to product.status in Shopify:
- In the Shopify – NetSuite integration app, go to Flows > Product.
- Next to the NetSuite item to Shopify product (add or update) flow or NetSuite matrix item to Shopify product (add or update) flow, click Edit Mappings.
Note: This mapping is applicable to all the Matrix items including the linked variants.
- From the Source record field (NetSuite) list, select status.
- From the Destination record field (Shopify) list, type in product.status.
- Click Save.
For more information on flows and mappings in the Shopify – NetSuite integration app, see NetSuite items and Shopify products.