You can map one or many payment methods between Shopify and NetSuite:
- Log in to your integrator.io account.
- Click on the Shopify - NetSuite integration app tile.
If you have multiple stores configured in your Shopify - NetSuite tile, select the appropriate store.
- Go to Settings > Order section > Payment tab.
- Enter the values in the Shopify Payment Method and NetSuite Payment Method fields.
Note: While selecting a value in the NetSuite Payment Method field, if no data is yet visible, click Refresh to fetch the values from NetSuite.
- You can also perform additional actions if a unique match is not found:
- Fail record:
- If no results are found in the static mapping, the request returns an empty string and fails.
- This option is selected by default & used by most of our customers. Enabling this setting means the order processing would fail if an exact match is not found for the Payment Method in NetSuite for the corresponding value from the eCommerce platform or the online marketplace.
- Use empty string as the default value: Choose this option to use an empty string ('') as the default value. This value is used if your mapping doesn’t have the required value.
- Use null as the default value: Use ‘null’ as the default value if your mapping doesn’t have the required value.
- Use a custom default value: Specify a default value to be set for the extracted field. You can also provide a default value for the NetSuite "Payment Method" field here in case no match is found in the lookup table.
- Fail record:
- Click Save.