A connection in integrator.io is a resource record that contains information about how to connect to a certain application. Connections store the the username and password (or API key) to connect and communicate with the application.
Account owners and administrators can access all connections in an account, but users who only have access to specific integrations in an account can only access the connections for the integrations they have access to. If a user needs to use a connection that has been created outside of the integration they have access to, this connection must first be registered with the integration before they can use it to build flows.
If multiple exports and imports across integrations use a given connection, any connection that is registered with an integration will also give access to the exports and imports referencing that connection. This means that a user that has access to integration A can get access to individual exports and imports used in integration B and C, if exports and imports within integration B and C uses a connection that has been registered with integration A.
Notes: Connection registration is only applicable for flows that are in an integration. This feature does not apply to integration apps and standalone flows (those that are not in an integration). It is only applicable for flows that are in an integration. If you need to attach a standalone flow to an integration, open the integration, click the Flows tab, and click Attach flow.
- Register an existing connection
- Register a new connection
- Automatic connection registration
- Degregister a connection
Use the following steps to register an existing connection with an integration:
- Open and integration and click the Connections tab. This displays a list of all connections that are already registered with the integration. Any user with access to the integration can use these connections in flows within this integration.
- In the top right corner of the Connections tab, click Register connections. The Register connections window opens.
- Click the box to the left of tha name of the connections that you want to register for the integration, then click Register. The newly registered connections are listed on the integration's Connections tab, and are now available to use in any flow within the integration.
Any connection that is created directly from within the integration itself is always automatically registered with the integration, and available to use in any flow within that integration.
To use a connection that was created in another integration, follow the steps in Register an existing connection.
When a user creates a flow from within an integration and selects connections for their exports and imports, upon saving the flow, the selected connections are automatically registered with the integration they're working in. A popup message displays when the flow is saved to alert other users.
A connection that is registered with an integration becomes available to all users with access to the integration. These users also have access to any export and import using that same connection, even if the exports and imports are not directly used within the tile where the connection is registered.
Use the following steps to deregister a connection:
- Open an integration and click the Connections tab.
- Click the elipses in the Actions column next to the connection you want to deregister.
- Click X Deregister connection.