A connection in integrator.io is a resource record that contains information about how to connect to a certain application. Connections store the the username and password (or API key) to connect and communicate with the application.
Account owners and administrators can access all connections in an account, but users who only have access to specific integrations in an account can only access the connections for the integrations they have access to. If a user needs to use a connection that has been created outside of the integration they have access to, this connection must first be registered with the integration before they can use it to build flows.
If multiple exports and imports across integrations use a given connection, any connection that is registered with an integration will also give access to the exports and imports referencing that connection. This means that a user that has access to integration A can get access to individual exports and imports used in integration B and C, if exports and imports within integration B and C uses a connection that has been registered with integration A.
Note: Connection registration is applicable to flows in an integration. This feature does not apply to integration apps and standalone flows (those not attached to an integration). To attach a standalone flow to an integration, open the integration, navigate to the Flows tab, and click Attach flow.
- Register an existing connection
- Register a new connection
- Automatic connection registration
- Deregister a connection
Use the following steps to register an existing connection with an integration:
- Open and integration and click the Connections tab. This displays a list of all connections that are already registered with the integration. Any user with access to the integration can use these connections in flows within this integration.
- In the top right corner of the Connections tab, click Register connections. The Register connections window opens.
- Click the box to the left of the name of the connections that you want to register for the integration, then click Register. The newly registered connections are listed on the integration’s Connections tab, and are now available to use in any flow within the integration.
Any connection that is created within the integration itself is always automatically registered with the integration, and available to use in any of its flow.
To use a connection that was created in another integration, follow the steps in Register an existing connection.
When you create a flow in an integration and select connections for exports and imports, upon saving the flow, the selected connections are automatically registered with the integration. A reminder displays for you to alert other users.
A connection that is registered with an integration becomes available to all users with access to the integration. These users also have access to any export and import using that same connection, even if the exports and imports are not part of the same integration.
- Open an integration and click the Connections tab.
- Click the Actions overflow (...) menu for that connection and select Deregister connection.