- Map Payment Methods: Lets you map the payment methods between Square and NetSuite to keep track of the payment method while buying. You can also provide a default value in case no match is found.
Select one of these values to specify an action that needs to be performed when the defined mapping doesn’t find a match:
- Fail If Unique Match Not Found:
- This option is selected by default. Enabling this setting means the order processing would fail if an exact match is not found for the Payment Method in NetSuite for the corresponding value from Square.
- When you deselect this option, new options are displayed that allow you to post the order to NetSuite even if an exact match is not found.
- Use Null as Default Value
- Use Empty String as Default Value
- Default Lookup Value: You can also provide a default value for the NetSuite "Payment Method" field here in case no match is found in the lookup table.
- Fail If Unique Match Not Found:
- On-demand order sync: This option allows you to sync one or upto 10 orders separated by a comma (,) in the “locationid-orderid” format. For more information, refer to How to retrieve order ID and location ID. Only these orders are synced to NetSuite.
- NetSuite item to track the variance adjustments as a line item: Select a NetSuite non-inventory item to track the order total variances between Square and NetSuite. A new adjustment line will be added as a line item on NetSuite Cash Sale to ensure that the order total matches in both the systems.
- Select NetSuite item to track Square tips: Square allows tips from customers and offers options for calculating the amounts. The “smart tip” is calculated based on the order amount, and the “custom tip” allows you to select a percentage or let the customer enter an amount. For more information, see Square Tip settings. This setting allows you to sync tips coming from Square orders to NetSuite, as a separate line item in cash sales and refund records, rather than having tips synced as variances.
- The NetSuite item selected in this setting is added as a separate line item on the cash sale. In NetSuite, be sure to create the item type as a non-inventory or a non-taxable payment item.
- The NetSuite item selected in this setting is used to track tips refunded on a cash refund.
- NetSuite SKU field: This preference tracks the internal ID of the NetSuite field which holds the SKU name. The leading practice is to use the 'Item Name/Number' field (itemid, also nameinternal) in NetSuite (set by default) but if you use any other field in NetSuite, you must specify the internal ID of that field in this setting.
- NetSuite item to track order lines when no matching SKU is found in NetSuite: This preference provides a choice for the default NetSuite item against which all the order lines with no matching SKU in NetSuite are posted on the order. This is an optional setting & expects the internal ID of the NetSuite item as the input.
- NetSuite item to track Square order lines with no SKU value: This preference provides a choice for the default NetSuite item against which all the order lines with no SKU value in Square are posted on the order. This is an optional setting & expects the internal ID of the NetSuite item as the input.
- Default NetSuite customer if missing on Square order: If a customer record does not exist in Square, enter the internal ID of the default NetSuite customer record. The default record will be assigned to the cash sale record.
- Add all orders against the default NetSuite customer: Check this box to assign a default NetSuite customer record to all the incoming orders. The customer record provided in the “Default NetSuite customer if missing on Square order” setting will be assigned to all orders.
- NetSuite discount item to track Square cart discounts: This preference provides a choice for the default NetSuite discount item against which all the cart-level discounts are posted. The item is added at the order header level in NetSuite and the discount code is posted in the "Square Discount Code" custom field.
- Bring Square line level discounts into NetSuite as: Select your preferred handling method for line-level discounts in Square. All the line-level discounts are added at the order line-level in NetSuite.
- Newline below the original line (recommended): Select this option if you want to track the line-level discounts against a single default discount item in NetSuite. When you select this option, the NetSuite discount item to track the Square line discounts field is displayed. This field allows you to select the default NetSuite discount item against which all the line-level discounts are posted. The item-based promotions are reflected in the NetSuite sales transactions right below the original line item as a separate line item.
- Adjustments to item list price: When you select this option, the Integration App adjusts the discount within the line item price and the final price is displayed in NetSuite.
Example: If the item's original price is $200. Coupon code was used in Square to get $20 as a discount. In this scenario, the Integration App will update the price of the item at $180 in NetSuite.
- NetSuite discount item to track Square line discounts: This preference provides a choice for the default NetSuite discount item against which all the line-level discounts are posted. The item-based discounts are reflected on the NetSuite sales transactions right below the original line item as a separate line item.
Check out our community forum to ask questions and get insightful tips on Square orders from our community members.