Start establishing a connection to Greenhouse in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Greenhouse.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Greenhouse authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
API token (required): Enter the Harvest API key for this value. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
User ID (required): Enter the unique ID, available in the List Users API or the Greenhouse page source.
The Greenhouse Harvest API uses basic authentication over HTTPS. In order to create a Harvest API key,
- Sign in to your account.
- Grant the user establishing a connection Can manage ALL organization’s API credentials privileges in the Developer permission section.
- Navigate to Configure > Dev center > API credential management.
- Click Create new API key.
- Describe the new credential and click Manage permissions.
- Copy this value for the connection’s API token, above, and store the API key in a safe place like LastPass. (You will be prompted to re-enter the token each time you edit your connection, and Greenhouse will not display it again.) Close the API key.
- Finally, provide permissions to Celigo integrator.io for the resources you would like to access in your flows. You can update your settings in Greenhouse anytime.
The user ID is provided in the HTML page whenever you’re signed in to Greenhouse. Either of the following methods will allow you to find your unique ID:
- View the page source in a browser tab by pressing the keys Ctrl+U (PC) or Option+⌘+U (Mac).
- View the page source in the console inspector by right-clicking and selecting Inspect (PC) or pressing Option+⌘+J (Mac).
Then, search for the ID and copy the value for the user_id, above. (Google Chrome Inspector is shown below.)
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Greenhouse connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the Greenhouse connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.