Coupa’s procurement platform helps mid-sized to enterprise companies manage procurement, invoicing, expenses, and sourcing.
- A. Set up a Coupa connection
- B. Provide required Coupa application details
- C. Edit advanced Coupa settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Coupa in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, select Coupa.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Coupa authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Subdomain (required): Enter the portion of the couplacloud.com or coupahost.com address that you visit to log in to your portal. For example, if your portal is found at https://greatsales.coupacloud.com, then enter greatsales.coupacloud for the subdomain.
IClient (required): Select the iClient that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Coupa. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Provide a clear and distinguishable name to use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Coupa account.
- Navigate to Setup > Integrations > Oauth2/OpenID Connect Clients.
- Click Create. The Create client page appears.
- From the Grant type drop-down list, select Client credentials.
- Provide a Name, Login, and Contact info.
- In the Scopes section, select the required scopes and click Save.
- Copy the Client ID and Client secret. For more information on how to create an OAuth 2.0 client in Coupa, see OAuth 2.0 Getting Started with Coupa API.
Redirect URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to Coupa for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Coupa API defines to limit access to your account. To select the scopes for this connection,
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the
– or –
Check the scopes you want to add and click the button.
- Click Save to save your scopes and leave the editor.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Coupa connection.
Once you have configured the Coupa connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you select Test connection, the connection is verified before continuing and the status is displayed in the Connection panel.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.