Moved flows and settings from the “General” section to the “Product” section
You will now find the following flow and setting in the “Product” section:
- “BigCommerce Product Categories to NetSuite Add/Update” flow.
- “Add BigCommerce Categories in NetSuite as” setting.
For more information, see Sync BigCommerce product categories to NetSuite.
Identify existing customer record for customers who checkout as a guest
If you are a registered customer in the BigCommerce store and you create an order as a guest customer, the “BigCommerce Order to NetSuite Order Add” flow now identifies the existing customer record in NetSuite for a guest order with the same email address.
For more information, see How to identify existing customer record for BigCommerce customers who checkout as a guest?
Select a start date to pull historical transactions for all delta flows
A new pop-up window is added for all the BigCommerce delta flows that allow you to select a custom start date. You can either select:
- Automatic: Choose this option to process and sync data from the last flow run time.
- Custom: Choose this option to select a custom start date and time from when you wish to process and sync data.
The pop-up window is added for the following delta flows to select a start date:
- BigCommerce Order to NetSuite Order Add
- BigCommerce Customer to NetSuite Customer Add/Update
- NetSuite Inventory to BigCommerce Inventory Add/Update - This flow applicable only in the “delta” mode and the Always sync inventory levels for entire catalog setting must be unchecked.
- NetSuite Item to BigCommerce Product Add/Update
- NetSuite Item Image to BigCommerce Product Image Add/Update/Delete.
Added external ID for old customer accounts
The “external ID” is now added for all the old customer account flows, exports, and imports. The “external ID” helps to easily identify a particular resource and is useful to lock the mappings.
“Immutable” option checked by default for all the required mappings
The Immutable (Advanced) checkbox is checked by default for all the required mappings. This option allows you to continue the process without causing any errors.
Example: As per your request from BigCommerce to NetSuite, if you have three fields such as Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 and if the information failed to process with Field 1, the integrator.io platform continues to run the process using other fields - Field 2 and Field 3.
The option is checked for the following flows and its required mappings:
- NetSuite Fulfillment to BigCommerce Shipment Add
- Shipping address id,
- *.eTail Order Line Id and
- NetSuite Inventory to BigCommerce Inventory Add/Update
- NetSuite Kit Inventory to BigCommerce Inventory Add/Update
- NetSuite Refund to BigCommerce Refund Add
Note: As per your business needs, you can check the Immutable(Advanced) checkbox for other mappings.
You can now uninstall the integration app without any errors in the following scenarios:
- If you refresh the page during uninstallation.
- If the NetSuite sandbox 2.0 connection is offline in your integration app.
- If the bundle is removed as part of your NetSuite sandbox account refresh.
- If your integration app is corrupted.
- If your integration app is on the older version.
- If you manually delete these required records (such as delete store info record in NetSuite, or any import/export in the integration), the integration app can now bypass the strict checks on the existence of these records and can complete the uninstallation.
Sync multiple comma-separated tracking numbers to NetSuite
Any fulfillment record that has multiple tracking numbers the “NetSuite Fulfillment to BigCommerce Shipment Add” flow used to insert a break (<br>) in between these numbers that caused an issue in BigCommerce. The flow now syncs the tracking numbers in a comma-separated format.