Intercom is a software company that specializes in business messaging to chat with their customers.
Set up a connection
This video demonstrates creating an Intercom connection.
After you start the connection, configure it in the Create connection panel and complete all of the required * authentication settings:
|Name your connection *||Enter a clear and distinguishable name.
Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting it from a list of the connections in your account.
Select the OAuth 2.0 client that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Intercom.
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see OAuth 2.0 auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your Intercom developer account, navigate to the Developer Hub, and click Your apps in the upper right corner of the page.
- Open the app you want to integrate with or create a new one. The Client ID and Client secret are displayed on the Basic information page. If you want to create a new app, click New app at the bottom left corner of the app listing screen.
- Enter a name of your choice for the app.
- Click Create app. You are now on the Authentication page.
- From the Authentication page, click Edit in the upper right corner.
- Check the Use OAuth checkbox and click + Add redirect URL.
- Enter the following: https://integrator.io/connection/oauth2callback
- Click Save.
- Using the left navigation menu, navigate to the Basic information page.
- Copy Client ID.
- Copy Client secret.