The Employee Onboarding and Offboarding business process automation for SAP SuccessFactors comprises a set of pre-built integration flows. You can modify the settings of these flows to update any information of employees between SAP SuccessFactors and various applications.
Before you begin
- You need to have SAP SuccessFactors credentials.
- Generate employee data from SAP SuccessFactors.
- The connections should be online to run the flows.
- Enable the Developer mode. For more details, view Switch to developer mode.
Limitations and known issues
- You will not be able to view the Add application option in the Settings tab for cloned integrations.
- For cloned flow, the addition of import is not supported through the Add application setting. The desired applications can be added only to the original flow.
- In order to delete the tile, you will first have to delete the flows and then the imports and exports.
- Ensure the connection status of the destination application is online, if it is not then the flow discontinues which will affect the subsequent applications.
- Other applications not listed in the supported prebuilt destination applications can be added as imports through the Flow Builder.
To update the information of employees data between SAP SuccessFactors and various applications, the setup is similar to Configure and run flows in the Employee Onboarding and Offboarding business process automation for SAP SuccessFactors. However, there are changes that you need to make to the import application settings.
Following are the steps you need to follow for each of the import applications:
- Okta: Click on the Settings of Okta import app, under Composite type field, select Create New Data & Update Existing Data option, under HTTP method, select PUT, and under Relative URI, enter the lookup id.
- Salesforce: Click on the Settings of Salesforce import app, under Operation field select Insert/Update and provide the details as to how to search and match for the desired record under How can we find existing records field.
- NetSuite: Click on the Settings of NetSuite import app, under Operation field select Add or Update and provide the details as to how to search and match for the desired record under How can we find existing records field.
- Microsoft Azure: Click on the Settings of Microsoft Azure import app, Select User: Update User under Operation field. Click on Launch to configure the search parameters.
Provide the lookup under the Filter field where you need to match the employee’s detail as per the unique name in the applications.
- Litmos: Click on the Settings of Litmos import app, under Composite type, select Create New Data & Update Existing Data, under HTTP method select PUT, and provide the lookup criteria under the Relative URI.
As you have configured the settings, you will now find the id field configured in the import field.
You need to change the settings of this field by clicking on the setting icon. Select Lookup under Field mapping type field, under Options select Dynamic search. Provide the lookup criteria in the Relative URI field.