- Overview: Understand the Concur Expense (Best Practice & Enhanced) – QuickBooks quickstart integration template
- Install the Concur Expense (Best Practice & Enhanced) – QuickBooks quickstart integration template
- Configure and run the flows in Concur Expense (Best Practice & Enhanced) – QuickBooks quickstart integration template
Two related Quickstart integration templates are available for automating data updates between Concur Expense (Best Practice & Enhanced) and QuickBooks. Choose the specific template for your Concur account level:
- Concur Expense (Best Practice) – QuickBooks
- Concur Expense (Enhanced) – QuickBooks
The Concur Expense (Best Practice & Enhanced) – QuickBooks quickstart integration template allows you to integrate your Concur business expense management system with QuickBooks online accounting software account. These templates provide a prebuilt flow that helps you to automate the workflow by syncing the expense reports between Concur and QuickBooks.
- Comprehensive out-of-the-box flows: Sync Concur Expense with QuickBooks and optimize the expense management.
- Intuitive setup without coding: Experience faster time-to-value and higher efficiencies with our prebuilt, out-of-the-box integrations that require minimal IT support. Take control of your integrations with tools that let you configure and change mappings on the fly.
- Streamlined business operations: Scale up your operational efficiency by automating redundant and laborious manual tasks and processes.
- Customizable and expandable: You can customize and expand integration flow with Celigo iPaaS without requiring technical resources.
The Celigo quick start bundle contains workflows you can easily configure and deploy without coding or IT support. The following built-in flows sync the specified source data to the corresponding destination.
Concur Expense to QuickBooks
|Flow name||Applies to||What’s not supported|
|Concur expense reports to QuickBooks purchases||
Most integrator.io error messages clearly explain the error and suggest troubleshooting methods. If you are unsure of what the error means, contact Celigo support.
See the respective endpoint documentation for errors passed through from Concur or your QuickBooks.