As a Walmart merchant, you have to send key information to Walmart about the list of items you want to ship to the warehouse. To manage and track your inventory, you have to create transfer order records in NetSuite to move inventory between locations. You can manage your inbound shipment, inbound shipment plan, and item receipt automatically with the Sync Walmart inbound shipments add-on. This add-on sends a shipment of items from NetSuite to the Walmart Warehouse and tracks back the shipment delivery status in NetSuite.
Understand the flow
You have to create a shipment plan by specifying information such as type of product, quantity, shipping address (from and to), label preferences, and special instructions for fragile and sharp items. After you create your transfer orders in NetSuite, you have to send the shipment plans to Walmart.
Step 1: Inbound shipment plans are requested
The transfer orders are synced using the NetSuite transfer orders to Walmart inbound shipments (add) flow. A request is sent to Walmart to create an inbound shipment plan
Walmart may split a single shipping plan into multiple shipments to redirect to different fulfillment centers. Based on the received shipment plan, the child transfer order(s) are created in NetSuite with the ShipmentID and Fulfilment Center ID details. You can find all the child transfer order details on the original transfer order. Simultaneously, the child transfer orders are also linked to the original transfer order. The original transfer order is marked as “Closed”.
Note: You can search for specific transfer orders with the shipment ID in the NetSuite global search. When you enter the CELIGO WALMART INBOUND SHIPMENT ID in the NetSuite global search, the search result is displayed as “Transfer Order ID (null)”. Example: Transfer Order: TRO00000068 (null).
The “Item Fulfillment” records of the child transfer order(s) with the status “Fulfilled” are synced using the NetSuite transfer orders to Walmart inbound shipments (add) flow. Based on the shipment details Walmart creates Inbound Shipments. You will now group and ship the items to Walmart as per the desired plan.
This flow also writes shipment IDs back to NetSuite. If Walmart returns more than one shipment, the original transfer order is closed and child transfer orders are created as needed for the shipment. This is a once-export flow.
Step 2: Item receipts are created
The Walmart fulfillment network receives partial or full shipments. For the delivered shipments, the Item Receipts are generated in NetSuite. For more information, refer to Sync delivered shipments from Walmart as item receipts to NetSuite.
Supported and unsupported items in this add-on
- Inventory items
- Matrix items
- Serialized items
- Lot Numbered items
- Assembly items
- Not Supported:
- Kit items (NetSuite limitation)
- Item aliases
Install the add-on
You can install this add-on from the “Subscriptions” section of your Integration App. For more information on how to install add-ons, refer to add-ons.
Before you set up the flow
Before you configure or install the add-ons, in NetSuite, add the following permissions to the native “Celigo eTail SmartConnectors” role or to any other appropriate custom role:
- Item Receipt
- Transfer Order
- Transfer Order Approval
For transfer order records in NetSuite
In NetSuite, while you create your transfer order record, ensure to perform the following:
- In the “Custom form” field, select Standard Transfer Order.
- In the “Status” field, select the status as “Pending Fulfillment.”
- Note: Do not select the status as “Pending Approval,” as it is not eligible for the “Celigo Walmart Transfer Order Export Search” criteria.
- Select the appropriate “eTail channel” and “Walmart Account.
Configure flow setting
- Log in to your integrator.io account
- Go to Settings > Shipments (TO).
- In the NetSuite locations to pick up transfer orders setting, choose one or more locations for Walmart to get the transfer orders from.
- Click Save.
Run the flow
- Go Flows > Shipments (TO).
- Next to the NetSuite transfer orders to Walmart inbound shipments (add) flow, use the toggle button to enable the flow.
- If you run the flow for the first time, a delta flow pop-up window is displayed. This helps you to sync the historical transfer orders.
- Automatic: Choose this option to process and sync data from the last flow run time OR
- Custom: Choose this option to select a custom start date and time from when you wish to process and sync data.
- Click Run.
You can see the flow status in the integrator.io Dashboard.
Understand the transfer order and inbound shipment records in Walmart and NetSuite
After you run the NetSuite transfer orders to Walmart inbound shipments (add) flow, in NetSuite:
- The child transfer orders are created.
- The child transfer orders are linked to the original transfer order.
- The original transfer order consists of the list of child transfer orders in the "Custom" tab.
- Note: The child transfer orders are visible on the "Custom" tab of the original transfer order only if the "Custom Form" is selected as Standard Transfer Order.
- The original transfer order is marked as “Closed”.
- In the transfer order, go to eTail > Walmart tab,
- The original transfer order is linked to the child transfer order.
- The child transfer order is updated with Shipment ID and Fulfillment Center ID details.
- The “Celigo Walmart Received Shipment Plan” box is checked.
- In NetSuite, in the eTail - Walmart tab, the “Celigo Walmart Shipment Exported” box is checked.