You can be notified (or have specific users notified) by email whenever a flow encounters an error or if the connection used by a flow goes offline so that you can quickly fix the problem. Each user must belong to an integrator.io account to receive notifications.
Integrator.io checks for new, open errors and newly resolved errors every 15 minutes, then sends any necessary email notifications with a summary of new, resolved, and total open errors, along with details of new and resolved errors.
In addition, Integrator.io checks when a connection that a flow is using goes offline (or back online), and sends a notification about the connection status to any subscribed user.
Auto-resolve and email notifications
If auto-resolve is enabled for a flow, then error notifications will be sent based on the following scenarios:
- You already received email notification for the errors in a flow:
You will get another notification when those same errors get auto-resolved. You can find the auto-resolved errors on the Resolved tab.
- For errors that have the same trace key and there are new open error(s):
integrator.io auto-resolves previous errors in one batch, and sends a notification for the open error(s).
- For Intermittent errors:
integrator.io performs retries during the flow run and the duration of the retry is 5 minutes.
- If the retries are unsuccessful, then integrator.io marks the errors as open errors and sends email notifications.
- If the retries are successful, then integrator.io marks the errors as auto-resolved and does not send email notifications.
- If you did not receive any initial email notification because the new errors were auto-resolved before a notification was triggered:
You will not receive any email notification for the auto-resolved errors.
Only users who are subscribed receive email notifications. Two types of subscriptions are available:
- Flow error: Whenever a running flow encounters any error, integrator.io sends a flow error notification. You can select one or more individual flows, or check All flows to receive an email notification whenever any flow in the integration has an error.
- Connection offline: Whenever a connection that the flow is using goes offline (or back online), integrator.io sends a notification about the connection status to any subscribed user. Users can select the connections for which they would like to be notified. Connections can be shared across integrations.
Because email subscriptions are limited to integrator.io account email addresses, you may want to consider the following strategies:
- Provide a group alias (group email address) for your account’s email address in integrator.io.
- Add stakeholder accounts with Monitor-level access. This may help alleviate licensing or access concerns because these users will not be able to modify integrations. You can then configure Notification settings for each account.
You can combine these strategies to meet your organization's needs. For example, let's say you want all members of the Fulfillment Center to receive notifications, but you do not want them to be able to modify integrations. You can invite a group email address for the Fulfillment Center to your account and configure this user account in integrator.io with Monitor-level access. You can then configure email subscription settings for that user account.