Tags are searchable keywords associated with your customer or product records. Celigo’s Shopify-NetSuite Integration App supports Shopify tags on the following records: Customers, Products and Orders.
Retailers can add tags to the customer record after its creation. On a successful creation or update of the customer in NetSuite, the connector will add the tags from Shopify. Using tags can help you organize your customer list. You can use tags to label your customers with categories or descriptive terms. For example, if you have wholesale customers, then you can tag those customers as wholesale.
Tags on the customer level can be used by your company to:
- Manage and organize your customer list.
- Add descriptive text to your customers e.g. wholesale, promoter, VIP, difficult, etc.
- Create specific filters for your customers e.g. 2017, internal.
Review this article to create customer tags in Shopify. In order to import the customer tags to NetSuite:
- Go to integrator.io > Shopify- NetSuite tile > Flows > Order > Shopify Customer to Netsuite Customer Add/Update.
- Click on the field mappings icon.
- Export field = tags; Import field = Comments (or any other field you would like this information to be stored in).
- When the customer record is created or updated, you will see the tags in the NetSuite field defined.
Important Note: Tags need to be created in Shopify, and not in NetSuite.
Shopify products support tags to:
- Help customers find your product through your online store search.
- Manage and filter your products to make quick changes.
- Organize your products on the front and back end using collections.
- Perform bulk actions.
Product tags are supported out of the box by the Celigo Shopify-NetSuite SmartConnector and can be exported to Shopify along with the item by entering the tags in the following field on the etail tab.
The tags will be visible on the Shopify item page.
Important Note: The tags for products are to be entered in NetSuite.
Due to the real-time flow and one-time creation of Shopify orders from Shopify to NetSuite, tags can be imported to NetSuite when using an app that adds it while saving the order. Any tag added after the order has been saved will not be imported to NetSuite.
However, if you would like your customers to leave you a message while placing the order, you can use the Order Notes section and add the mappings in a similar way to tags. Enable the feature here.
- Special requests e.g. ship together, urgent, call me on 789-123-4560, etc.
Order Notes can be imported to NetSuite along with the order by adding the mapping as shown below:
- Integrator.io > Shopify-NetSuite tile > Flows > Order > Shopify Order to Netsuite Order Add.
- Click on the field mappings icon and add the mapping. The import field could be a field of your choice.