What is Magento 2.0?
Backward incompatible, completely new product from Magento. Has three versions: Magento Cloud Enterprise, Magento EE (Enterprise Edition) 2.0 & Magento CE (Community Edition) 2.0. Magento EE is paid offering while CE is free.
Will current Celigo Magento Extensions (upto v3.4.3) work on Magento 2.0?
NO, we will need to re-build the extensions & the Integration App as the underlying Magento tech stack is NOT backward compatible.
Is Magento selling Magento EE 1.x anymore?
No. From Nov 15, 2015, Magento 1.x went into maintenance mode & no new features will be added in the future. Magento will continue to support Magento 1 products for three years, so, until 2018. And Magento 2.0 is the only option for new Enterprise clients.
When does Magento plan to phase out the support for 1.x?
End of 2018
What are some of the benefits of Magento 2.0?
- Out-of-the-box tight integrations with PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.net payment gateways. Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 also integrates with WorldPay and CyberSource.
- Improved Checkout Process.
- Improved Backend Processes.
- Significant Performance Improvements.
- All the Enterprise features are already built-in OOTB (RMA, Gift Cards, Store Credits).
- Latest tech stack.
What are the performance benchmarks b/w M1 & M2?
- 25% faster OOTB.
- 52% faster Add To Cart.
- 1900% Catalog Scalability Improvement. With Magento 2.0, the system can easily support 10 million catalog page views per hour vs. just 500,000 page views per hour on the Magento 1.9 or Magento 1.14 platform. (Assuming the same hardware.)
- Source here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.