Note: We’ve renamed our SmartConnectors to Integration Apps.
Sync customers and organizations (bi-directional)
The Organization & Customer flow sync NetSuite Customers as Zendesk Organizations whenever a new Customer is created or updated in NetSuite. The flow is bi-directional and can be configured to sync Zendesk Organizations as NetSuite Customers whenever a new Organization is created or updated in Zendesk.
- The flow can be configured to trigger the sync on the create operation, the update operation, or both.
- The flow can be configured to run in one direction (NetSuite to Zendesk or Zendesk to Netsuite) or bi-directionally.
NetSuite to Zendesk flows is real-time. Zendesk to NetSuite flows is batch. The frequency of running the batch flows can be configured.
Important notice about contact sync
NetSuite Customer to Zendesk Organization Flow Settings
When the integration app is installed, existing customers in NetSuite are not automatically synced to Zendesk. The data flow must be turned on (Settings section in integrator.io) and the customer records must be edited, for the data to be transferred to Zendesk successfully.
If the flow is turned on and the Customer is edited, then the Customer will sync to Zendesk as Organization and all the Contacts associated with this Customer will also sync to Zendesk as Users.
Contacts will not sync if NetSuite Contact to Zendesk User flow is disabled. But if enabled, the Contacts will sync over along with the Customer.
In the integrator.io dashboard, only the NetSuite Customer to Zendesk Organization flow status will be displayed. NetSuite Contact to Zendesk User flow will not show up in the dashboard in this scenario (as Contacts are part of Customer record).
NetSuite Customer to Zendesk Organization – Add
- Create the record in either of the systems
- Run the flow from the Settings Dashboard
- Verify whether the record is exported correctly
- If errors occur, they are displayed in the Dashboard
- A Customer created in NetSuite is exported to Zendesk as an Organization in real-time.
- In the integrator.io, ensure that the flow is checked and saved.
- If a new Customer is created in NetSuite or an existing one is edited and saved, the flow will automatically trigger to sync that record (add or update Organization) in Zendesk.
- Check for the status of the flow in the integrator.io platform. If the export is successful, the status is indicated as ‘Completed’. If there were any errors, they are displayed in the Errors Column. Click on the error to get information about the errors.
- In the Zendesk App, go to Admin > Organizations. The NetSuite Customer is visible in the Zendesk Organizations list.
- Click the Record (in this example, Advent Support) to view the details.
- A NetSuite ID internal of the record is displayed indicating it as a NetSuite record.