The Fulfillment flow exports shipping and fulfillment information from NetSuite and saves it in Shopify. As soon as you enter fulfillment details in your NetSuite account and run the flow, a request is made by Celigo’s iPaaS platform integrator.io to fetch all the fulfillment and shipping associated details from NetSuite, which then makes a request Shopify API’s to transfer information pertaining to an order as defined in the Field Mappings option associated with the Fulfillment flow. The information exported to Shopify includes data such as Shipping Method, fulfillment quantity to Shopify, and tracking number. The connector supports both complete and partial shipments and exports all tracking number data regardless of the shipping carrier you use (USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc.).
The NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add flow is a batch data flow. Items fulfilled in NetSuite are exported to Shopify in batch flows and can be configured to transfer data in scheduled intervals. This flow can be made to run from every 15 mins to once every week. You can check the status of the export in the integrator.io dashboard.
Note: Connector only supports creating new fulfillments in Shopify. Updating an existing fulfillment in Shopify from NetSuite is not supported by the connector.
The following flow diagram displays the information flow between Shopify and NetSuite:
Pre-requisite settings to run the fulfillment flow
The following are the recommended configurations and settings that must be completed in Shopify-NetSuite Connector before you execute the fulfillment flow:
- Ensure that the order on your Shopify also exists in the NetSuite. You can use Celigo’s effective order flows, Shopify Order to NetSuite Order Add or Shopify Order to NetSuite Cash Sale Add, in the Order section to ensure all your orders in Shopify and NetSuite are always in sync with each other. For more information, see the Order Section.
- Click on the Off /On switch against the NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add flow to enable it for retrieving the necessary fulfillment and shipping information from NetSuite.
- Verify, update, and add field mappings as per your requirements. For more information on field mapping, see Field Mappings.
- To associate fulfillment with a specific location and to know more about the multi-location feature, see Support for Shopify’s Multi-location inventory.
- From Advanced Settings, select the appropriate saved search and click Save.
Steps to run the Fulfillment flow
The following steps capture the fulfillment flow to export shipping and fulfillment information from NetSuite to Shopify:
- Open the order you wish to fulfill in NetSuite. You can use the Shopify order ID to find the order in NetSuite. In the following steps, we are using the Shopify order ID: 1030 to demonstrate the flow.
From the Sales Order page, Click Fulfill. The Item Shipment page is displayed.
In the Items tab, enter the required values in the Quantity and Location fields.
In the Packages tab, enter the required values under the LBS, PACKAGE CONTENTS DESCRIPTION, and PACKAGE TRACKING NUMBER columns. This is an optional step.
Enter the required information in other tabs and Click Save. The successful transaction message is displayed.
From integrator.io, go to the Fulfillment section and Click the Run Now button against the NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add flow. The Dashboard page is displayed.
You can view the status of the flow in the Dashboard page. It takes a few minutes for the export flow to succeed. When the flow run completes successfully, the status of the flow is displayed as ‘Completed’.
Go to Shopify Store and view the status of the order. The Shopify Order section shows the order fulfillment status as ‘Fulfilled’.
- Click on the order ID, the Order details page is displayed with the fulfillment information added in NetSuite for the order.
Additional features supported by the fulfillment flow
- Invoking Customer Notification functionality provided by Shopify
Whenever you fulfill an item in NetSuite and export the details in Shopify, our connector invokes the feature from Shopify that sends automatic emails to the customer informing him about the status of the order. The following is an example of such an automatic notification sent to a customer by Shopify when you enter the fulfillment details in NetSuite and the connector transfer that information to Shopify:
This feature is enabled by default. If you do not wish to send notifications to your customers, you can deactivate this feature using the following steps:
- Click the Field Mapping icon. The Mappings page is displayed.
- Click the Settings icon corresponding to the fulfillment.notify_customer field. The Settings page is displayed.
- For Field Mapping Type > Hard-Coded, change the value in the Value field from “True” to “False” and click Save.
- Multiple Tracking ID support
The NetSuite-Shopify connector supports exporting multiple tracking IDs from NetSuite to Shopify which can be associated with an individual order. For more information, refer to the Steps to run the Fulfillment flow section. In this section, the order used as an example contains multiple tracking ids mentioned in NetSuite, which are exported to Shopify.
- Pick, Pack, and Ship feature in NetSuite
The NetSuite-Shopify connector supports exporting the fulfillment and shipment information regardless of the Pick, Pack, and Ship feature being enabled or disabled in NetSuite. If the Pick, Pack, and Ship feature is enabled, the connector only transfers the fulfillment and shipment information to Shopify when the item shipment status of a line item in an order is Shipped. You can enable or disable this feature in your NetSuite account by following the below instructions:
Setup>Company > Enable feature > Shipping & Receiving > PICK, PACK, AND SHIP
- Partial Fulfillment for Multiple Line Item
When an order is placed with multiple line items, the connector provides you with the option to partially fulfill an order at one time and fulfill the remaining order at some other time. For example, consider an order which is placed for SKU#1 and SKU#2. For such an order, if you only want to fulfill an order for an SKU#1 you can fulfill the same by adding necessary details in NetSuite. After which these details are exported to Shopify. After exporting the details of SKU#1, when you provide fulfillment details for SKU#2 in NetSuite, the connector will export fulfillment details for SKU#2 to Shopify.
- Partial fulfillment for a line item with multiple quantities
When an order is placed for a line item with multiple quantities, the connector provides you with the option to partially fulfill that specific line item at one time and fulfill the remaining quantities of the line item at some other time. For example, consider an order which is placed for SKU#1 with quantity 10. For such an order, if you initially want to send 5 quantities of SKU#1 to your customer, you can fulfill the same by adding necessary details in NetSuite. After which these details are exported to Shopify. After exporting the details of 5 quantities SKU#1, when you provide fulfillment details for remaining 5 quantities in NetSuite, the connector will export fulfillment details for SKU#1 to Shopify.
How to update tracking ID for Fulfillment record already exported from NetSuite to Shopify
You cannot update the information in Fulfillment record, like Quantity, Location, Carrier, Tracking ID, which has already been exported From NetSuite. Though this information cannot be edited in NetSuite, Shopify does provide you with an option to modify the Carrier and Tracking information associated with an order.
To update the tracking id and carrier information and notify the customer about the same, you can use the steps as follows:
- Find the order in Shopify and click the order ID to access the order details page for the order pertaining to which you wish to update Carrier and tracking information.
- On the order details page, find the Fulfillments section and click the More drop-down list and select Edit Tracking. The Edit Tracking window is displayed.
- Enter the new Tracking Number and Carrier details and click Save.
- To send a notification to the customer about the updates you have made, select the Send notification email to customer checkbox.
After the Order is successfully fulfilled, the NetSuite record displays the Shopify record details such as” ETail Channel (Shopify) and ETail Order ID. The ETAIL ORDER FULFILLMENT EXPORTED Checkbox is shown as checked.