You can sync order fulfillment and other information (such as package numbers, tracking details, and line items in the particular fulfillment) from Shopify to NetSuite. The “Shopify fulfillment to NetSuite item fulfillment” flow gets the order fulfillment information from Shopify and creates an item fulfillment record in NetSuite for the sales order. The flow gets the orders whose fulfillment status is changed to “partially fulfilled” or “fulfilled” in NetSuite from the last flow run.
For each unique fulfillment ID, an item fulfillment record is created in NetSuite against the sales order that matches the Shopify order ID. As it is a scheduled flow, the flow fetches the historical transactions based on the start date.
You can use this flow to sync the below orders:
- Buy online, pick up in-store: When buyer picks-up order from POS location and so the order is marked as fulfilled in Shopify.
- Shopify integrated with 3PL (third party logistics) app: If you are a Shopify merchant integrated with any 3PL (third party logistics) app, the flow lets you manage your fulfillment in NetSuite. The 3PL marks the order in Shopify as Fulfilled.
- This flow:
- Is available only in the premium edition of the integration app.
- Syncs partial and full fulfillment.
- Ignores the fulfillment records that are created in NetSuite and synced to Shopify using the “NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add” flow.
- Does not support updating the existing fulfillment records.
- For a single order, you can either use the “Shopify fulfillment to NetSuite item fulfillment” flow or the “NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add” flow to sync the fulfillment.
The flow supports to sync the following NetSuite item types:
- Inventory items
- Matrix items
- Item aliases
- Serialized items
- Lot Numbered items
Before the fulfillment is synced to NetSuite, the flow validates the following:
- If the sales order already exists in NetSuite.
- If a fulfillment record already exists for the sales order.
- If the sales order has the required quantity open to fulfill the order.
Note: If there are multiple fulfillment records for an order, the flow sums up the records and calculates the remaining quantity that needs to be fulfilled.
- If a particular line item is not found on the sales order.
- If an order is partially fulfilled in Shopify, the same reflects in NetSuite.
In the Settings > General section, if you check the Auto-assign inventory detail for NetSuite items checkbox, the fulfillment flow also auto assigns the inventory details and inventory status for the NetSuite items. The flow:
- Assigns inventory details to details are allocated based on the:
- Serialized numbers that are created first or
- Lot item numbers that are nearing expiry or the ones created first if the expiry date is unavailable.
- Assigns the bin numbers to inventory items for which the bin option is selected.
- Assigns inventory status to inventory items using a sub-record.
Configure and run the flow
Prerequisite: New permission “Read & write fulfillment orders” is added to the Shopify App “NetSuite SmartConnector” to get fulfillment information for the Shopify POS pro orders. The existing users have to re-authorize their Shopify connection from the integration app.
- Login to your integrator.io account.
- Click Shopify - NetSuite integration app.
- Click Flows.
- Enable the “Shopify fulfillment to NetSuite item fulfillment” flow.
- Configure the following mapping for location and:
Export Field (HTTP)
Import Field (NetSuite)
Note: Add a 1:1 lookup mapping to assign inventory detail for the particular line item.
Items : Location (InternalId)
- Enable and run the “Shopify fulfillment to NetSuite item fulfillment” flow.
Find your fulfillment record in NetSuite
After you run the “Shopify fulfillment to NetSuite item fulfillment” flow, an item fulfillment record is created in NetSuite.
- In NetSuite, search for the appropriate sales order.
- On the sales order, go to the History tab > Fulfillment & Invoices sub-tab.
- You can find the item fulfillment record linked to the sales order
Understand the Item fulfillment record
- Item Fulfillment record is in the “Shipped” status.
- To differentiate the fulfillment records with the already existing “NetSuite Fulfillment to Shopify Fulfillment Add” flow records, on the newly created item fulfillment record, in the eTail tab, the Etail Order Fulfillment Exported checkbox is checked.
- In Shopify, if you order has multiple tracking numbers, they are listed as individual line items in the “Item Shipment” record (Packages tab) in NetSuite