The NetSuite matrix items are a series of the same item available in different options. Matrix items are available for inventory, non-inventory, service, and other charge items. In NetSuite, you can create and maintain your item records using an item matrix. A matrix item lets you track your items by options such as size and color. A matrix item consists of a parent item and sub-items. With a matrix item, each individual combination is tracked separately.
Limitation: The Integration App does not sync the handlebar expressions and formulas using the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow.
To understand more on how to configure the product in Magento 2, refer to Configurable Product.
The Magento 2 - NetSuite Integration App provides automated and real-time data flows to sync items from NetSuite to products in Magento 2. The Product data flow group consists of two flows:
- NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update
- NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update
Configure before you run the flow
For Magento 2 account fields,
- Define item weight
- Be sure to have a display name
- Assign attribute set
- Define SKU
- Unique URL key for each product must be available (refer screen below)
In Magento 2,
- Set up price level (and quantity, if any) to avoid duplicate item creation and other errors. Add color & size attributes (If not available) in Magento 2. The name values are case sensitive and must be identical in both Magento 2 and NetSuite.
Note: While creating "attribute sets" make sure that you provide identical name values for color and size attributes and mark them as global in Magento 2.
- On the NetSuite item record, be sure to select the eTail channel and Magento 2 attribute set options.
Example: eTail Channel: Magento 2 and Magento 2 Attribute Set: Mobile (in this example)
- Any new field created in NetSuite should be added to the appropriate NetSuite saved search selected in the "NetSuite Saved Search for syncing matrix item details" setting (Settings > Product). The default saved search is "Celigo Magento 2 Matrix Item Export Search."
- Add URL key mapping for the matrix item saved search and item export saved search.
- Create a matrix item.
In Integration App,
Note: To sync matrix items between NetSuite and Magento 2, the attribute set must match in both the systems (NetSuite and Magento 2).
Note: If you are facing any issue with the data format for a product option/product attribute, make sure that you map the custom field instead of the custom label in the product export/matrix item export mappings.
Before you run the matrix flow, run the "Magento Attribute Set to NetSuite Add/Update" flow in the Flows > Account (Magento 2) section.
- After you update the NetSuite saved search, the same fields must be configured in the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow's mappings. Configure the "color" and "size" attributes of Magento 2 in the "NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update" and "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flows.
- Add URL key mapping in the Integration App for Matrix Item flow (in the field mapping section)
- Add mappings for "color" and "size' in Item Saved Search results in NetSuite (both in Matrix Item Saved Search & Item Export Saved Search).
Run the integration flow
To sync matrix items from NetSuite to Magento 2, run the integration flows in the following order:
- Run the "NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update" flow to sync the sub-items/ child items simple items to Magento 2. All items are synced to Magento 2 as simple products.
- After a successful run of the first flow, run the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow. This flow syncs the matrix item to Magento 2 and then links the matrix item to the child items and creates the configurable product in Magento 2.
Validate your data
Validate that the matrix items are moved into Magento 2 as configurable products.