The NetSuite matrix items are a series of the same item available in different options. Matrix items are available for inventory, non-inventory, service, and other charge items. In NetSuite, you can create and maintain your item records using an item matrix. A matrix item lets you track your items by options such as size and color. A matrix item consists of a parent item and sub-items. With a matrix item, each individual combination is tracked separately.
Limitation: The Integration App does not sync the handlebar expressions and formulas using the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow.
To understand more on how to configure the product in Magento 2, refer to Configurable Product.
The Magento 2 - NetSuite Integration App provides automated and real-time data flows to sync items from NetSuite to products in Magento 2. The Product data flow group consists of two flows:
- NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update
- NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update
Configure before you run the flow
For Magento 2 account fields,
- Define item weight
- Be sure to have a display name
- Assign attribute set
- Define SKU
- Unique URL key for each product must be available (refer screen below)
In Magento 2,
- Set up price level (and quantity, if any) to avoid duplicate item creation and other errors. Add color & size attributes (If not available) in Magento 2. The name values are case sensitive and must be identical in both Magento 2 and NetSuite.
Note: While creating "attribute sets" make sure that you provide identical name values for color and size attributes and mark them as global in Magento 2.
- On the NetSuite item record, be sure to select the eTail channel and Magento 2 attribute set options.
Example: eTail Channel: Magento 2 and Magento 2 Attribute Set: Mobile (in this example)
- Any new field created in NetSuite should be added to the appropriate NetSuite saved search selected in the "NetSuite Saved Search for syncing matrix item details" setting (Settings > Product). The default saved search is "Celigo Magento 2 Matrix Item Export Search."
- Add URL key mapping for the matrix item saved search and item export saved search.
- Create a matrix item.
In Integration App,
Note: To sync matrix items between NetSuite and Magento 2, the attribute set must match in both the systems (NetSuite and Magento 2).
Before you run the matrix flow, run the "Magento Attribute Set to NetSuite Add/Update" flow in the Flows > Account (Magento 2) section.
- After you update the NetSuite saved search, the same fields must be configured in the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow's mappings. Configure the "color" and "size" attributes of Magento 2 in the "NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update" and "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flows.
- Add URL key mapping in the Integration App for Matrix Item flow (in the field mapping section)
- Add mappings for "color" and "size' in Item Saved Search results in NetSuite (both in Matrix Item Saved Search & Item Export Saved Search).
Run the integration flow
To sync matrix items from NetSuite to Magento 2, run the integration flows in the following order:
- Run the "NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update" flow to sync the sub-items/ child items simple items to Magento 2. All items are synced to Magento 2 as simple products.
- After a successful run of the first flow, run the "NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update" flow. This flow syncs the matrix item to Magento 2 and then links the matrix item to the child items and creates the configurable product in Magento 2.
Validate your data
Validate that the matrix items are moved into Magento 2 as configurable products.
Please sign in to leave a comment.