Note: To use this feature, you must enable the Developer Mode at My Account > Profile. For more information, see Switch to Developer Mode.
Debug a connection
Use the connection debugger to see all communication between integrator.io and the connected application, such as API requests and responses.
Note: Connection debugging is currently unavailable for DynamoDB, MongoDB, or wrapper connectors.
Use the following steps to turn on the connection debugger and debug a connection:
- Open a flow and click the Connections tab.
- Click the elipses in the Actions column next to the connection you want to debug, and click Debug connection.
- This creates a new tab in the console for that connection's debug logs.
- Run the flow to see the debug logs. Any requests made through that connection during this timeframe are recorded in the debug logs console. You can view the logs directly from the console or click Download logs to view the logs in a text file.
Each debug log has the following format:
Date uniqueIdForRequest resourceType resourceId
- Date - Date in ISO format
- uniqueIdForRequest - A universally unique identifier (UUID) that for the request/reponse pair. You can check the response for a particular request using the UUID.
- resourceType - The type of resource using the connection (import, export, etc.)
- resourceId - The unique identifier for the resource using the connection
- request/response - The request sent from integrator.io (with sensitive fields masked) and the response returned from the end point.
2020-05-16T08:06:54.786Z 230910249c5a44208ad1dcb732662812 export 5ebf8aabd25b2e67296014b9
2020-05-16T08:06:55.076Z 230910249c5a44208ad1dcb732662812 export
Debug logs will not be displayed until the flow is actively in progress and processing data. If a flow is queued to run (or the flow has been initiated but hasn’t yet started), the logs will be empty until data begins to be processed and exchanged between endpoints. Debug logs remain in the connection debugger console for 24 hours, or until you click Clear from the console.
- From the Resources menu, click Connections (or open an integration and click the Connections tab).
- The Debug connection window opens. You can turn on the connection debugger for that connection for up to an hour.
Check out our community forum for more info on the debugger. You can ask questions and post tips.