When you run the flow, the Integration App syncs ASIN value from Amazon against your item catalog in NetSuite. This flow is only available to customers on the standard or premium editions of the Amazon - NetSuite integration app.
Important: The item must exist both on Amazon and NetSuite. An error is generated if the item associated with an ASIN does not exist in NetSuite.
For Amazon catalog products, Amazon provides the ASIN value as an identifier to list the product in the marketplace. For non-catalog products with other product identifiers such as UPC or GTIN, Amazon creates the ASIN value. You can sync this value to NetSuite item using the Amazon Product ASIN to NetSuite Item Add flow.
To support this feature, the following Settings > Product have also been added to the integration app:
- NetSuite field for item ASIN: By default, the field displays the internal ID of the default NetSuite field under the eTail tab on the item record that holds the ASIN for an item. Provide the internal id of the other field if you want the integration app to process information in a different field on the item record.
- Sync ASIN for item aliases: Select this check-box if you want to sync ASINs for item aliases. When you enable the checkbox, the integration app displays the below field.
- NetSuite field for item alias ASIN: By default, the field displays the internal id of the default NetSuite field under the Celigo eTail Item Alias record that holds the ASIN. Provide the internal id of the other field if you want the integration app to process information in a different field on the Celigo eTail Item Alias record.
Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (ASINs) are unique blocks of 10 letters and/or numbers that identify items. You can find the ASIN on the item's product information page at Amazon.com. For books, the ASIN is the same as the ISBN number, but for all other products, a new ASIN is created when the item is uploaded to our catalog. You will find an item's ASIN on the product detail page alongside further details relating to the item, which may include information such as size, number of pages (if it's a book), or number of discs (if it's a CD).
ASINs can be used to search for items in our catalog. If you know the ASIN or ISBN of the item you are looking for, simply type it into the search box (which can be found near the top of most pages), hit the "Go" button and, if the item is listed in our catalog, it will appear in your search results.
Get ASIN from your Amazon Seller Central account
You can get ASIN associated with items from Amazon using the Inventory Report. The Inventory Report is a tab-delimited file that you can open in any spreadsheet or database program, such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel.
Use the following steps to download an Inventory Report from your seller central account:
- Login to your Seller Central Account.
- Go to Inventory > Inventory Reports.
- From the Select Report Type drop-down list, select Inventory report.
- Click Request Report. Once the report is ready for download, the Download button is displayed.
- Click Download and save the file in your system.
Run the flow
- In the Amazon - NetSuite integration app, go to Data Flows > Product and click the On/Off button against the Amazon Product ASIN to NetSuite Item Add
- Click the Run Now button against the flow. A window is displayed which allows you to navigate to the Inventory report file.
- Select the Inventory report you wish to upload and click Open.
- The Amazon Product ASIN to NetSuite Item Add flow is triggered in the Dashboard Once the flow runs successfully, you can see the Success column to know about the total number of ASINs updated by the integration app in NetSuite.
If the matching ASIN is already present in the NetSuite, the connector ignores the ASIN from updating information again. Any item that already has the matching ASIN in NetSuite will increase the ignore count. In the above screen, three items were processed which resulted in one item record being updated with ASIN information. For two items, ASIN was already present in NetSuite, so the flow ignores these items, and the same is shown in the Ignore column on the Dashboard page. When the ASIN for an item in Amazon and NetSuite does not match, the integration app overrides the ASIN in NetSuite with Amazon's ASIN.
ASIN information in the NetSuite item record
In NetSuite, go to Item record and click eTail tab > Amazon sub-tab. The Amazon ASIN field is the field that is used by default in the integration App to store Amazon ASIN when you run the Amazon Product ASIN to NetSuite Item Add flow. The following screen displays the field where the ASIN information is imported in NetSuite by the integration App:
ASIN information in the Celigo eTail Item Alias record in NetSuite
The Celigo eTail Item Alias record > Amazon ASIN field is the field that is used by default in the integration app to store Amazon ASIN when you run the Amazon Product ASIN to NetSuite Item Add flow with the Sync ASIN for item aliases checkbox enabled. The following screen displays the field where the ASIN information is imported in NetSuite by the integration app: