Note: The name “SmartConnector” will be changing to “Integration App” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io. Find out more about integrator.io.
The connector allows the user to sync the currency exchange rates from NetSuite to Salesforce on a daily basis so that the Salesforce Opportunities in foreign currencies always have the correct amounts and conversion rates.
When companies have different types of currencies for their business, it is a business need to convert all the other currencies to the base currency. The company’s primary currency, its functional currency, is called the base currency in NetSuite. Subsidiaries in NetSuite OneWorld can have different base currencies from the parent-subsidiary and from each other. The currencies used in transactions with customers and vendors, other than the base currency, are referred to as foreign currencies or transaction currencies.
- The flow will appear in your IO account only if the Multi-Currency is enabled in both accounts plus the "Dated Exchange Rates" feature is enabled in Salesforce.
- The exchange rates in NetSuite will automatically update every day if Currency Exchange Rate Integration feature in NetSuite is enabled.
Enable multi-currency in your NetSuite account
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features.
- In the Company subtab, check the Multiple Currencies box.
- You can also enable the Currency Exchange Rate Integration feature at this time if you want to automatically update exchange rates one time each day. For more information, see Currency Exchange Rate Integration.
- Click Save.
Enable multi-currency in your Salesforce account
- From Setup, search for Company Information in the Quick Find, then select Company Information.
- Click Edit.
- Select Activate Multiple Currencies.
Corporate Currency reflects the currency of your corporate headquarters. You also maintain the list of active currencies and their conversion rates relative to the corporate currency.
To add/activate new currencies:
1. From Setup, enter Manage Currencies in the Quick Find box, then select Manage Currencies.
2. Click New in the Active Currencies related list.
3. Select a currency. Currencies are alphabetized using their ISO currency code.
4. Enter the conversion rate relative to your corporate currency.
5. Specify the number of decimal places to display for amounts in this currency.
6. Click Save.
1. In integrator.io, go to General settings.
2. Click Multi-currency.
3. Click the down arrow to select the currency from NetSuite and match it with the currency in Salesforce.
4. Click Save .