Financial line transactions for invoices and credit memos are required to provide data for calculating revenue projections at product level in Salesforce.
In your Integration App, the NetSuite transaction financials to Salesforce financials flow checks the type of transaction lines to be synced using the Sync transaction financial line record using saved search and the Sync transaction lines to Salesforce setting. These are available at Settings > Financial section > Transaction Lines.
- Sync transaction financial line records using: The saved search gets the transaction lines to be synced to Salesforce as transaction financial lines. It is used by the NetSuite transaction financials to Salesforce financials flow and all the fields mapped between NetSuite and Salesforce. The default saved search selected is Celigo Salesforce(IO) Financial Lines Export [Locked] which is part of the Integration App.
Note: In NetSuite, the following are the required fields on Celigo Salesforce(IO) Financial Lines Export [Locked] saved search:
- Item Rate
- Amount Discount
- Item Type
- Line ID
- Sync transaction lines to Salesforce: This setting is used by the NetSuite transaction financials to Salesforce financials flow to check the types of transaction lines to be synced to Salesforce. There are only two types:
- Credit memo
For each transaction line type a corresponding record is created or updated in Salesforce. The record is created under the corresponding financial record.
Run the flow
- In the Integration App, go to Flows > Financial
- Enable and run the NetSuite transaction financials to Salesforce financials flow using the on/off toggle button.
- In your NetSuite account,
- For invoice: Go to Transactions > Sales > Create Invoices
- For credit memo: Go to Transactions > Customers > Issue credit memos
- Perform updates to the desired invoices/credit memo records and click Save.
The details that you updated on the transaction records are automatically sync to the NetSuite Financials lines object in Salesforce.