A. Set up a Zendesk Sell connection
Tip: Do not confuse this connection with the similarly named Zendesk Support (previously the only Zendesk option).
Start establishing a connection to Zendesk Sell in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, click Zendesk Sell.
The Create connection pane then asks you to name the new connection.
Be sure to provide a clear and distinguishable Name as soon as the connection is created. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Click Next to configure the connection.
B. Supply required Zendesk Sell account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for Zendesk Sell authentication.
Configure your client id and secret (required): Check this box to reveal iClient options.
iClient (required): Select the iClient pair that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Zendesk Sell. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Be sure to give the iClient a recognizable name for use in any other connections.
Callback URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io callback URL to provide directions to Zendesk Sell for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
First, create a Zendesk Sell app and give it the integrator.io Callback URL:
- Sign in to your Zendesk Sell account at app.futuresimple.com, and select Settings (the gear icon) from the menu.
- In the Preferences section, click OAuth.
- On the OAuth2 Settings page, click the Developer apps tab.
- Click + Add developer app and describe the integration for Zendesk Sell.
- In the Redirect URL field, paste the Callback URL that you copied above.
- Click Save on your new Zendesk Sell app.
Next, retrieve the client ID and client secret from Zendesk Sell:
- In the Developer apps tab, click Details for your app.
- Copy the Client ID and Client secret, and paste them into your connection’s iClient values.
C. Edit advanced Zendesk Sell settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zendesk Sell connection.
D. Save and authorize
Once you have configured the Zendesk Sell connection, you have a couple options for continuing:
- Save & authorize – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account (and applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow)
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
When you select Save & authorize, you are presented with a Zendesk Sell form in a new browser window.
Review the permissions for the integration and click Authorize.
The browser window closes, and the new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.