Matrix items created in NetSuite are exported to Amazon through the NetSuite Item to Amazon Product Add/Update integration flow. The Integration App can be configured to run this integration flow at scheduled intervals. The parent matrix item is exported as Amazon Product while the child matrix items are exported as variations for the same product in Amazon.
Note: This functionality is only supported with the standard or premium editions of the integration app.
The integration flow allows you to map common fields, and configure variation themes as well as category and sub-category-specific fields in Amazon with fields in NetSuite. The field mapping option displayed in the Product Mapping page in the Product section is created based on Amazon’s flat file templates used to export products. Please note that Celigo does not provide fields in NetSuite that needs to be mapped for migrating the product information from NetSuite to Amazon and it is the responsibility of the user to create the required fields in NetSuite and map it with corresponding fields in Amazon.
For more information on field mapping of the product flow see the Working with Field Mappings for the product flow section in the Product flow article.
Prerequisites for Matrix Item Export
You are required to make the following configuration changes to run the matrix item flow:
- Click on the Off /On switch against the NetSuite Item to Amazon Product Add/Update flow to enable it.
- Click the Field Mappings icon against the NetSuite Item to Amazon Product Add/Update flow. The Product Mapping page is displayed. Perform the following tasks:
- Map the Amazon fields with the NetSuite fields. For more information on field mapping of the product flow see the Working with Field Mappings for the product flow section in the Product flow article.
- Click the Configure Variation option for category or subcategory( when a category has a subcategory this option is also displayed at the subcategory level).
When you click this icon, it loads a list of all possible variation themes related to the category or subcategory.
Note that the Amazon Variation Themes displayed in the above screen are the same as the variation theme present in Amazon Flat File for inventory export associated with a specific category. The following screen displays variations from Amazon flat file for the Clothing category:
- From the Advanced Setting section, select the appropriate value in the NetSuite saved search for syncing Item drop-down list
- Click Save.
Configure your NetSuite account
Select Amazon Category and Amazon Variation Theme for the parent matrix item
From the Parent Matrix item record in NetSuite, Navigate to the eTail tab > Amazon sub-tab > and select values for AMAZON CATEGORY and AMAZON VARIATION-THEME fields.
Important: If you do not select the AMAZON CATEGORY and AMAZON VARIATION-THEME fields, all child items are exported as inventory items on Amazon. It is mandatory to select these two fields for all matrix items that you wish to upload on Amazon.
Note: The values displayed in the AMAZON VARIATION-THEME field depend on the category selected in the AMAZON CATEGORY field.
Once you have configured your Integration app and NetSuite records as explained in the aforementioned way, you can run the integration flow to export your items from NetSuite to Amazon.