If you are signing in to the Celigo platform for the first time, to make it easy for you, a sample integration tile named Salesforce – Slack (sample automation) is available in your account. This integration assists you in getting started with the platform and offers a preview of its capabilities. You can swiftly launch your integration without the need to install it from Marketplace or create one from scratch.
About the sample automation
Salesforce – Slack (sample automation) includes an integration flow that caters to “Lead to Prospect” scenarios. This flow is already populated with dummy connections. If not needed, you can customize or delete the Salesforce – Slack (sample automation).
Understand the sample user scenario
Salesforce – Slack (sample automation) consists of a Salesforce leads to Slack chats (messages) flow that syncs Salesforce leads as a chat notification to Slack.
The flow consists of an export Get Salesforce leads that gets the new Salesforce leads that are modified from the last flow run. This delta flow consists of two imports:
- Import Slack chats (messages)
- Import Salesforce leads
Import Slack chats (messages) syncs leads as chat notifications to Slack. The import consists of default mappings for fields and objects between Salesforce and Slack. The mapping values are only for reference; you have to update the Slack channel and username for your requirements.
Import Salesforce leads then writes back the ID of the Salesforce leads as the lookup identifier to avoid a duplicate sync of the record. In Salesforce, on the Leads page, create a custom field Exported_to_Slack. On the Lead record, Exported_to_Slack must be unchecked to sync to Slack.
Enable and run the flow
Tip: You can use the Test mode feature to understand and run the flow with dummy data. For more information, see Debug a flow in test mode.
- Click Salesforce – Slack (sample automation) to go to the Flows page.
- Next to the Salesforce leads to Slack chats (messages) flow, use the toggle switch to enable the flow, or you can enable and run the flow in Flow builder.
- On the Confirm enable window, click Enable.
- Click Run.
- Since it is a delta flow and you are running the flow for the first time, a delta flow pop-up window opens to let you sync the historical records.
- Automatic: Choose this option to process and sync data from the last flow run time OR
Custom: Choose this option to select a custom start date and time from when you wish to process and sync data.
- On the delta pop-up, select the Time zone, Start date/time, and click Run.
You’ll find the flow run progress in the Run console.