Zoho Expense is an expense management tool that helps employees log expense reports and accounting teams to track, manage, and reimburse expenses.
Important: You can set up this connection only when your Zoho Expense account is created in the US region (
Zoho Expense documentation: API guide, Authentication
Additional reference: Supported Zoho Expense APIs
- A. Set up a Zoho Expense connection
- B. Provide the required Zoho Expense settings
- C. Provide required Zoho Expense account information
- D. Edit advanced Zoho Expense settings
- E. Save and authorize
A. Set up a Zoho Expense connection
Start establishing a connection to Zoho Expense in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Zoho Expense.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Provide the required Zoho Expense settings
Edit the General settings specific to your account and this connection resource.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
C. Provide required Zoho Expense account information
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Zoho Expense authentication.
Organization ID (required): Enter the Organization ID of your Zoho Expense account. For more information on how to retrieve the Organization ID, refer to the following steps:
- Sign in to your Zoho Expense account.
- From the My Organizations tab, copy your Organization ID.
IClient (required): Select the iClient that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by Zoho Expense. To add an iClient and configure your credentials, click the plus (+) button. Click the edit ( ) button to modify a selected iClient. Provide a clear and distinguishable name to use in any other connections. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your Zoho Expense API Console account.
- Click ADD CLIENT.
- From Choose a Client Type options, click Server-based Applications.
- Provide a unique Client Name, paste the Homepage URL and Authorized Redirect URLs.
- Click CREATE.
- After successful registration, from the Client Secret tab, copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
Redirect URL (read-only): Copy this integrator.io redirect URL to provide directions to Zoho Expense for where to go after authentication. (This URL should be whitelisted with the authorization server.)
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the Zoho Expense API defines to limit access to your account. To select the scopes for this connection,
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the » button.
– or –
Check the scopes you want to add and click the > button.
- Click Save to save your scopes and leave the editor.
D. Edit advanced Zoho Expense settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zoho Expense connection.
E. Save and authorize
To save and authorize the Zoho Expense connection:
- Click the Save & authorize button to commit your changes and proceed to log in with Zoho Expense.
- Enter the email address of your registered Zoho Expense account.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password for your Zoho Expense account.
- Click Sign in.
- Zoho asks you to confirm the scopes that you selected. Click Accept to grant permission and create the connection.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.