- The name “Integration App” will be replacing “SmartConnector” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io.
- This flow is available only for our Integration App Premium Edition customers.
This flow syncs Order related information from Salesforce to NetSuite in real-time. Orders are either manually created in Salesforce or auto-generated by a third-party app integration that syncs order related information from external channels. Example: eCommerce website. You can create an Order in Salesforce via Orders, Contracts, Opportunities, or Accounts tabs.
Understand how the flow works
Whenever you create or update Orders in Salesforce, the “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Order” flow looks up the Account details on an Order. The flow checks if there is a matching NetSuite Customer for a Salesforce Account. The flow performs the following actions based on the outcomes of the lookup:
Create a NetSuite Customer
Note: You don’t have to enable the “Salesforce Account to NetSuite Customer” flow for the “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order” flow to create a new Customer record.
If the flow does not find a NetSuite Customer (i.e., if Salesforce Account without a NetSuite Id), it triggers the “Salesforce Account to NetSuite Customer” flow to create a new NetSuite Customer and a Sales Order record in NetSuite.
Update a Sales Order
If you update a Salesforce Order, the Integration App syncs the update to the NetSuite Sales Order. The “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order” flow also syncs Individual Salesforce Orders that do not have an Opportunity record.
Example: You have integrated your Salesforce account with an eCommerce website for creating Orders in Salesforce.
Create a Sales Order
If you create a new Salesforce Order, the flow creates a new NetSuite Sales Order. The flow also links the Sales Order to the related Customer. The flow syncs-back the NetSuite Id from the NetSuite Sales Order to Salesforce Order.
You can sync new or updated Order header (like Order Name, Account) and Order Line level (like Order Products including Discounts) records from a Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order record.
Before you set up the flow
- Sync and view discount items
- Ensure that you map your NetSuite discount item with Salesforce line item discounts from your Advanced Settings.
- Salesforce does not auto-populate the discounted price unless you have listed the discount on an Opportunity record.
- If you want to add discounts to your Salesforce Orders, you will need to set the field visibility for custom fields on Order and Order line items.
- You also need to add the field “Discount Total [NetSuite]” to your Order and “NetSuite Discount (%)” to your Order line item layouts.
- Run the flow:
- Run the NetSuite items to Salesforce Products flow to sync Salesforce Order Products with NetSuite Sales Order Items.
Configure your flow
The “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order” flow comes with specific default settings. You can change the flow default settings using:
You can customize the flow based on the business use cases via Flow Settings. To define the criteria for syncing records, navigate to Flow Settings> from Salesforce to NetSuite using Flow Settings.
- The “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order” flow doesn’t come with a default Criteria for syncing Orders.
- Use the Qualification Criteria filter to define the criteria for syncing orders.
Map your fields
When you map your Salesforce fields with NetSuite fields. The Integration App identifies the fields on a Salesforce record, from which it needs to export data and import it to matching fields on a NetSuite record.
Run your flow
You need to enable the flow for it to run and perform the sync between your apps.
- From your integrator.io Home page, click the Salesforce - NetSuite Integration App (SmartConnector) tile.
- Navigate to Settings > Integration Flows > Opportunity.
- Enable the “Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order” flow.
- Once you run the flow, the Integration App syncs back data into the following fields:
- NetSuite Id
- NetSuite Order Number
- NetSuite Order Status
- NetSuite Record
Test your flow
The flow syncs new or updated Salesforce Orders to NetSuite Sales Order in real-time.
To test your flow:
- Login to your Salesforce account and click on the Orders tab.
- To create a new Order in click New Order to the top-left.
- To update an Order, click Edit.
- Fill up the Order and Order line details.
- Click Save.
You can view the Job Status by clicking the Dashboard icon to the top right of your Integration App screen.
View new fields created on Salesforce
The Integration App creates custom fields on your Salesforce custom sObjects after a flow run is successful. To view these custom fields on your Salesforce records, set the visibility of the field, as shown below:
- Page Layout Editor in Salesforce
- Note: You can edit the page layout in Accounts, Orders, and Opportunities and Contracts tabs
- Celigo Layouts that display all the Integration App fields by default (article link for field visibility using Celigo Layout - new)
Limitations of the flow
The Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order doesn’t allow you to sync the following:
- Attachments on a Salesforce Order
- Contacts on a Salesforce Order
- Account hierarchy
- Negative Order quantities
- Reduction orders
- Deleted orders
Check out our Community forum to ask questions and get insightful tips on Orders from our community members.