Start establishing a connection to Shopify in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Shopify.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Shopify authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select Basic (the OAuth 2.0 option is described separately).
Store URL (required): Enter your Shopify subdomain. For example, if https://tchotchkes4ma.myshopify.com is the base URI, then type tchotchkes4ma for this setting.
Version (required): Select the Shopify API version, such as 2020-10.
API key (required): Paste in the API key from your Shopify account.
Password (required): Enter the admin API password (not your Shopify account password). Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s password safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Log in to your Shopify store.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Click Manage private apps.
- Copy the API key.
Click the private app link to open its details. Then, in the Admin API section, show and copy the password.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Shopify connection.
Once you have configured the Shopify connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.