To create integrations, you have to grant integrator.io access to your account. The connection gives us access to the info that you want to sync in Shopify.
Get your API key
- Login to your Shopify store.
- Go to the ‘Apps’ section.
- Click on the app.
- In the ‘Authentication’ section, find the API key.
- Copy the key. You will paste it into the connections form in integrator.io.
- Go to integrator.io.
- At the top, click Tools & Resources > Flow Builder. You will automatically go into Flow Builder.
- Click into:
- Source application: If Shopify is the app you want to export data from.
- Destination application: If Shopify is the app you want to import data into.
- Type to search or scroll down to choose Shopify.
- Choose the other app you want to build you integration with.
- At the top right, click Save and continue. You will move to the connections page.
Establish your connection
In the Connection window, enter the following information:
- Name: Name your connection. Tip: Give your connection a name that will be identifiable to others who might be working on your integration.
- Connection type: The form will auto-select Shopify.
- Authentication type: From the drop-down, choose Basic.
- Store URL: Enter your store URL.
- API key: Paste your API key.
- Password: Enter the password you use to log in to your Shopify store.
Use advanced settings
Concurrency level refers to the number of different parts of the API that can be called at the same time.
Test or Save and authorize
If you did not use the advanced settings
- At the bottom right of the connection form, click Save & authorize.
- Check the connections table to see if your connection was successful. If you’re not sure how to find the connections table, follow the instructions below, under ‘Check for a successful connection.’
If you used the advanced settings
- To test the connection before you save it, at the bottom right of the form, click Test. A message will appear on your screen telling you the connection was either successful or a failure. If the connection failed, review the info you entered in the form for accuracy.
- If you’ve already tested, and the connection is successful, or if you do not want to test first, click Save. Check the connections table to see if your connection was successful. If you’re not sure how to find the connections table, follow the instructions below, under ‘Check for a successful connection.’
Check for a successful connection
- In integrator.io, at the top, click Tools & resources.
- Under ‘Resources,’ click Connections. A table will appear.
- In the table, find the name of the connection you just set up. If it was successful, it will say ‘Online,’ and there will be a green dot next to it.
If your connection was not successful, review the info that you entered in the form for accuracy.