HubSpot is an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
HubSpot documentation: API guide, Authentication
- A. Set up a HubSpot connection
- B. Provide required HubSpot application details
- C. Edit advanced HubSpot settings
- D. Test the connection
A. Set up a HubSpot connection
Start establishing a connection to HubSpot in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select HubSpot.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Provide required HubSpot application details
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing HubSpot authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting a list of connections you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select Token as the authentication type for this connection. The form changes depending on the selected authentication type. The OAuth 2.0 authentication type is documented separately.
Access token (required): Enter the access token provided to you by HubSpot. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s access token safe. When editing this connection later, you must enter this token again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Sign in to your HubSpot account.
- Click the required account.
- Navigate to Settings > Account setup > Integrations > Private apps.
- Click the required app and copy the Access token if you have already created a private app or click Create a private app. The Basic info page appears. For more information on private apps, see Private apps.
- Enter Name and Description (optional).
- Navigate to the Scopes section and select the required scopes.
- Click Create app. The Create a new private app message appears.
- Read the information and click Continue creating.
- Click Show token.
- Copy Access token.
C. Edit advanced HubSpot settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the HubSpot connection.
Please sign in to leave a comment.