HubSpot documentation: API guide, Authentication
- A. Set up a HubSpot connection
- B. Edit HubSpot application details
- C. Edit advanced HubSpot settings
- D. Authorize the connection
A. Set up a HubSpot connection
Start establishing a connection to HubSpot in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select HubSpot.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Edit HubSpot application details
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing HubSpot authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select OAuth 2.0 if your application supports OAuth 2.0 authentication (the token-based option is documented separately).
Configure scopes (required): Scopes are permissions that the HubSpot API defines to limit the access to your account. OAuth 2.0 scopes provide a way to limit the amount of access that is granted to an access token. For example, an access token issued to a client app may be granted READ and WRITE access to protected resources, or just READ access. For more information on scopes, see the HubSpot documentation.
- Click the Configure scopes button.
- To access all of the scopes in the API, click the » button.
– or –
Check the scope you want to add and click the > button.
- Click Save when you’re ready to leave the editor and finish setting up your connection.
C. Edit advanced HubSpot settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the HubSpot connection.
D. Authorize the connection
Click Save & authorize. The following page displays:
Enter your registered email address, password, and log in to your account.
Click Grant access to establish the connection.
Please sign in to leave a comment.