Shopify releases a new API version every three months at the beginning of the quarter – that is, on Jan. 1, Apr. 1, Jul. 1, and Oct. 1. Version names follow the format YYYY-MM to be semantically unambiguous, such as 2021-01.
Shopify has announced that version 2020-01 will no longer be supported on Jan. 1, 2021, when version 2021-01 is released. The planned deprecation will affect all custom integration flows that connect to Shopify API version 2020-01 and earlier.
These changes to the version options will be reflected in the integrator.io Shopify connector after Feb. 15, 2021, meaning that 2020-01 will be removed and 2021-01 added in an upcoming platform release. Until then, you must manually modify existing Shopify connections that point to unsupported versions (2020-01 and 2020-04), as well as make sure that you create connections only to current versions.
Select a valid version for a new connection
- Set up your Basic or OAuth 2.0 connection to Shopify as documented.
- For the required Version setting, select a more recent value: 2020-07 or 2020-10.
- Go to Resources > Connections and check the API base URL of your Shopify connection. Continue for any version earlier than 2020-07:
- Click the connection name to edit it.
- Select a later Version value, such as 2020-10.
- If you are editing the basic authentication type, you must re-enter the API key and Password whenever you update the connection.
- Click Save and authorize.
- Return to the Connections page to verify the new API URL:
- Repeat for any additional Shopify API or custom app connections.