Rate this feature
Included in the May 2022 release There are three types of mapping: import, results, and response. Mapping data defines how your records are compared, merged, or transformed from one application to another. When working with mappings, you should be familiar with the data fields in your sources and destination applications.
Read more on mapping source record fields to destinations to learn about the various types of mappings. There are also specific mapping topics:
- Configure and map NetSuite subrecords
- Configure and map custom NetSuite parent-child records
- Import NetSuite line items
- Print Nlapi Debug Logs mapping in NetSuite
- Response mapping, results mapping, and advanced lookups example for NetSuite
Mapping previews in NetSuite
Use the Edit mapping panel to configure mappings. To edit a mapping, click the integration tile on your homepage, open the flow that contains the data you want to map, and click the Mapping ( ) button. The Edit mapping panel opens.
Tip: If you don’t see the mapping icon in Flow Builder, click + in the flow step to reveal the option.
You can define how your data is handled in both applications with mappings. Each mapping screen contains an Input and Output panel, with corresponding dropdown lists, to help you visualize and map your records. Select one input field and one output field to define your mappings. For example, you can match a field from your source record to your destination record in import mapping.
Warning: The NetSuite mapping assistant does not work in Google Chrome due to Chrome's new security settings. The assistant works in Firefox with some setting modifications.
Some responses might not contain all the fields you need to map when configuring your mappings. You can still map the missing fields field manually, assuming the field is returned by the application, or the flow might fail at this step.
Check the Auto-preview box to automatically generate your mapping results in the Output screen. If you’re manually editing a field, click out of the edited field to trigger the auto-preview. If you prefer to update the mapping output yourself, click the Preview button instead, each time you want to review your changes.
Any errors encountered during a mapping preview are displayed in the Error section. Selecting Preview will display the errors as a notification banner when you’re only using the NetSuite assistant (not the Input and Output).
- The Sublist item name is displayed as an ID instead of a name and the subrecord is null even after import mapping.
- The Billing address and Address book mappings are not displaying properly in the output panel.
- Any data created with the NetSuite SuiteScript preMap hook won’t display correctly in the import mapping preview.