After setting up a bank in Cash Application Manager, the connector provides you with the following options to import a bank file:
- FTP connection with bank
- Manually upload the bank file
Configure the FTP connection with bank
The Settings icon enables you to configure the input parameters required for importing your bank file into Cash Application Manager. When the Enable Manual Upload Mode field in the General section is disabled, the Settings icon for the Bank File to NetSuite flow displays the following fields in the File Import tab:
Field Descriptions for File Import
- Directory path: Provide the path of the Directory in the FTP server where the files are stored.
- File name starts with: Provide the first few characters of the file name which the Connector should read.
- File name ends with: Provide the last few characters of the file name which the Connector should read.
- Leave file on server: Choose this setting if the Connector should leave the files on the FTP server after reading. Otherwise, the file will be deleted from the FTP server after reading.
Manually upload the bank file
The Enable Manual Upload Mode field in the General section allows you to control the way you import a bank file in the connector. When this field is disabled, the connector allows you to import a bank file using the FTP connection with the bank. When you enable this field, the connector allows you to manually add a bank file from your local system.
When the Enable Manual Upload Mode field in the General section is selected, the Settings icon for the Bank File to NetSuite flow displays the following fields in the File Import tab:
Note: The way you import a bank file in CAM only impacts the fields in the File Import tab. Configuration for the File Parsing and Advanced Settings tabs remain unaffected by the way you import a bank file in the connector.
To manually upload a file in the connector, click the Run icon for the Bank File to NetSuite flow. A window is displayed that allows you to select the bank file from your local system that you wish to use for AR processing.
There are various options for parsing multiple types of bank files and standards.
Based on the type of bank file, the following 'parser' settings are available.
Set Up Parsing Settings for Bank Data FilesSet positions of fields from a data file. You can modify the settings based on the data file. Whenever a data file is imported into the Cash Application Manager, the data is extracted based on the positions defined in the setting. The positions vary according to the bank standard, payment type and file format. The Cash Application Manager supports fixed width and comma separated formats. For banks that have csv type of formats, a column index settings is provided, and that would enable it to extract the data accordingly. The column index needs to be specified for the file. Some sample parser settings are described here:
File Processing Section
- Select dummy customer: Enter the NetSuite Internal ID of the Customer that will be the dummy customer for the scenario when the invoice and customer are not there.
- Select payment account: Select the account from which the payment has to be made.
- Write off debit account: Select the account from which the threshold amount will be debited.
- Threshold amount: Enter the threshold amount for which write offs need to be generated.
- Credit memo: Choose this setting if the Connector should sync credit memos.
- Match Consolidated Invoices: Please select the checkbox to match Consolidated Invoices in NetSuite.
- NetSuite Consolidated Invoice Identifier: Please select the field from the list for which the connector should look for in Invoice to match the Consolidated Invoice Id from bank file.