Note: The name “Integration App” will be replacing “SmartConnector” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io.
When you install the Contract Renewal Add-on into your Integration App, it will create custom objects (like Contracts and Contract items) and Celigo Opportunity Contract Layout in your Salesforce App as they are not native to Salesforce. The add-on will also create new fields in your flow field mapping so that the Integration app can export the data from NetSuite and import it to your Salesforce App. The Contract Renewals Add-on impacts the following flows:
- Salesforce Account to NetSuite Customer
- NetSuite Customer to Salesforce Account
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order
- NetSuite Item to Salesforce Product
We’ve listed the new custom layout created by the Salesforce Connector Package.
Celigo Opportunity Contract Layout
The Contract Renewal Add-on creates new custom fields in your Salesforce App. To view these custom fields on your Salesforce records, you need to assign the Celigo Opportunity Contract Layout to your Salesforce Opportunities object.
Click here to assign the Celigo Opportunity Contract Layout to your Salesforce Opportunities object.
Impact on Salesforce Accounts
When you install the contract renewals add-on, a new custom field called “Channel Tier” is added to your Salesforce Account record. This field holds values of the Sales Channel that classify a Customer or an Account as an End-User, Reseller or Distributor.
Account Line Item records
The Channel Tier field values (discussed above) are also populated as Account line items on a Salesforce Account record.
Impact on Opportunities
Field mappings on the "Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order" flow
After you install the contract renewal add-on, you will see additional fields mappings in the “Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order” flow.
When you install the contract renewal add-on, it adds new fields to your Opportunity records. You’ll see the following fields on your Opportunity record in Salesforce:
- Start Date*
- End Date*
- Ship to Tier*
- Bill to Tier*
- Renewal Term*
- From Contract
- Contract Term we’ve added a validation where you need to enter a value for the end date or the contract term.
Fields marked * are mandatory.
Opportunity Line Item
The “Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order” flow validates the start date and end date for an Opportunity and Opportunity line item record while syncing a Salesforce contract opportunity record to NetSuite Sales Order. The flow will automatically calculate the terms that are applicable to an Opportunity line item.
The following fields are auto-calculated and added to an Opportunity Line Item record:
- Start Date
- End Date
- Contract Term
- Pricing Type
- List Rate
- Contract Item Id
Some of the fields have special validations like:
- Annual Pricing term: we’ll automatically divide the pricing term by 12 to calculate the list rate. The listed rate is then multiplied by the term to get the sales price.
- Monthly Pricing term: we’ll consider the list rate as the sales price and multiply it by 12.
Calculations based on Pricing terms
- When you do not specify a pricing term: the default value is "Monthly Pricing term".
- Actual Item Price: default value is the list rate. If your sale price differs from the list rate, you need to edit the value of the list rate.
- Actual Item Price: if you haven't entered any value, the default value will be the sale price.
- Pricing Type: takes the value from the Term/Pricing Type field on a Product record. This is a non-editable field.
- Start and End date fields are blank: we’ll assign Opportunity start and end dates.
- Shipping address: is that of the channel tier you’ve selected from the ship to tier list (End User, Reseller or Distributor.)
Impact on Products
Field mappings on the "NetSuite Item to Salesforce Product" flow
After you’ve installed the contract renewal add-on, you will see additional field mappings on the “NetSuite Item to Salesforce Product” flow.
A new "Terms / Contract Pricing Type" field is added to your Product record in Salesforce. To view it, on your Salesforce record, you need to set the field visibility from the Edit Layout menu of your product record. (link for field visibility)
Pricing type values can be:
- Not Applicable
- Actual Item Price